[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.3″ header_2_font_size=”30px” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
How to change your username in Windows 10
Want to easily find your computer on your network? Follow our simple guide to change your username in Windows 10. With plenty of reasons for wanting to change your computer’s name – especially if it’s named something generic like “EPF00033211CC”, changing the name is now easier than ever.
It’s important to note that there are two diferent ways to change your administrator name or username based on if your PC is linked to a Microsoft account or not. Below you will find both ways to get this changed.
Here is our easy guide on how to change your username in Windows 10.
This guide has been updated for 2021
Username change if your linked to a Microsoft Account:
- Click on Windows Start icon. This is located in the lower-left corner of the screen and is the Windows logo.
- Select Settings. The gear-shaped icon.
- In the new Windows Settings window, click Accounts.
- Now click on Your Info. This is located on the left sidebar.
- Next, click on Manage my Microsoft account. This will open up your internet browser and take you to your Microsoft account page.
- In the browser, click on (your name).
- Then where it says Full name (under your picture), you can click on Edit name to the far right.
- Enter the new name, and the Captcha code.
- Then save, and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Username change if you are not linked to a Microsoft Account:
- In the bottom left search box (Type here to search), type Control Panel then click it to launch.
- Next, click Change account type under User Accounts.
- Click the user you want to rename.
- In the new window, click on Change the account name
- Next, type the new username in the box
- Lastly, click on Change Name. You may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to Change Windows Administrator Name in Advanced Control Panel:
- In the bottom left search box (Type here to search), type in netplwiz then click it to launch.
- A new User Accounts window will pop up, and under User Name, chose the account you would like to rename.
- Once selected, click Properties
- In the new window you are now able to change the User name
- Click Ok, then OK again on the User Accounts Panel.
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect
If you have been wondering, how to change your username in Windows 10, we hope our guide helped you navigate your way through this. If you are a heavy user of Microsoft Products, and currently using Microsoft Teams, have a look at our Microsoft Teams Top 9 Tips and Tricks 2021 article to boost your productivity!